Friday, October 1, 2010

Got pictures on facebook- Got quesadillas and getting good at them

Dear Bobby,

Before I go further, I wanted to let everyone know who wants to see what I'm doing, I got pictures posted on my Facebook page--- http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home.  I think you can copy and paste, or if not, just type in David Mendez and I'll friend ya.

Sorry that it has been awhile, but there's been work, a tropical storm (well not really, but we are new to So. Florida so may have overreacted a bit). The first part of your book concentrates on drinks, dips , flatbreads and so that is where I have been. I'm getting pretty good at making a quesadilla, and learning how you mix and match tastes so as to add variety to this basic preparation. My Pesto was good, but hot. The most recent dinner was Sliced Steak, watercress and blue cheese quesadillas. Got to combine two skills, one was keeping track of cooking a steak by touch and getting everything ready at the same time. Getting everything put together to serve takes a little preparation and timing-- kind of like dancing.

The pictures look good and if I can figure out a way to get them on the blog then even better.
Got the boys coming to town for a little golf vacation, so cooking will take a back seat. Making a couple of sandwiches, but not Bobby Flay  style.... hope you don't mind.

Gonna try a couple more flatbreads, one's that feature feta cheese and then give a try at making pizza dough. Should be interesting


Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment