Monday, September 13, 2010

Learned to Roast Peppers- Hoorahh!

Dear Bobby,

I hope you're not expecting a blog everyday. The day job can keep me pretty busy. I take 24 hour call ( usually a 30 hr shift) at my hospital and ours is a pretty busy place. It is a 63 bed unit and we have had up to 55 babies in our unit at any given time. I work with a great team of Doctors, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Pharmacists, Nutritionists, just among the many people who make our unit run. So there will be times where work takes over and fast food gets the call.

Anyways, I have made progress on a couple of fronts. First, is learning how to cook corn on the grill. I have noticed that you like corn alot in your recipes. I, too have enjoyed the combinations of corn and other ingredients in some of the recipes. My pepper and chile roasting continues to improve and I have made a white bean-chili dip that was a big hit at work. The staff at my hospital will hopefully be willing guinea pigs along with my family.

The shrimp and corn quesadilla with pesto sauce came out really well. The pesto was very hot, probably have something with the 8 jalapeno peppers called for in the recipe. I also plopped it on the quesadilla pretty well. I do have some pictures of the charred corn and the quesadilla and when I learn how to post them on the blog I will do that as well.

Things I have learned along the way.... A little olive oil on the quesadilla goes along way to keep it from sticking to the grill

No comments:

Post a Comment