Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Prep,Prep, Prep

Dear Bobby,

Learned how to roast peppers, and toast nuts. Not to difficult to do, especially the roasting peppers part, because you cook them till there black on all sides and stick them in an airtight container. let them cool and peel off the black skin, get rid of the seeds and cut them up.

What I am learning is for any good recipe you gotta due the prep work. My wife who is at pilates, is not getting a meal tonight ( Grilled Quesadillas with Sweet Corn, Grilled Shrimp and Jalapeno Pesto), because I got behind on getting my prep-work done to cook the meal. I got the Pesto made(to those who read this- is all Pesto Cilantro based??), but then I got busy helping my youngest daughter Julia navigate through some college admissions and fatigue set in. Nothing else was ready, I had to feed Julie and my motivation dried up.

If I had everything cut up and ready to go......

Well , learning how to read the recipe and determine what can be prepped ahead of time and what doesn't helps with the timing of serving the meal. Hopefully, Sue won't mind going out for a quick meal!!.
For those who follow this, I'll be as honest as I can, warts and all. Afterall, if I was perfect at this, then what would be the point of doing this blog and given everyone a little laugh now and then. Until later

David

No comments:

Post a Comment